The cost of living is increasing each day and many of us face the expensive lifestyle of metropolitan cities on a daily basis. In fact, 31% of India's population now lives in cities. But which is the most expensive city to live in India? Let's count down:
5) Kolkata - Compared to other metropolitan cities, Kolkata is the cheapest to live in. It has good public transportation systems along with relatively cheaper rent and food prices, making it an ideal place to live, price-wise.
4) Bengaluru - The IT hub of India is somwhat expensive when compared to other cities. The rents are high and the food does not come cheap either. It is also a city which is expanding everyday and provides job opportunities to people from all over the country.
3) Chennai - While Chennai is the third most expensive city to live in India, it is also one of the less-polluted ones. The cost of living may be higher but the public facilities in the city are incredibly good and supports healthy living.
2) Delhi - Delhi is the second most expensive city to live in India. The food is cheap in Delhi as compared to other cities but the living costs are more. Further, it is also one of the most polluted cities in the country which means extra medical costs and higher expenses.
1) Mumbai - Mumbai is the most expensive city in India to live in. While it does provide great connectivity and cheap local travel options but the living costs are extremely high. This is also because there is not enough land in Mumbai for it to expand so it has grown vertically as more and more people move into the economic capital of the country.